Backend Engineer - Subscriber Data Platform
Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
As a Backend Engineer at Postscript, you will utilize strong software engineering and architecture skills to deepen the capabilities of our Subscriber Data Platform. Our primary backend stack is a Python (Flask) API with a PostgreSQL database hosted on AWS, in addition to data warehousing and other ETL tools. Engineers at Postscript are key members of the team that directly impact the team as an individual contributor and also through critical leadership, mentorship, and decision-making activities. As an Engineer you will guide your team in weighing trade-offs of technical constraints and business priorities to consistently deliver customer value.
Your passion for building great products and platforms, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have a meaningful positive impact on both the product and the company. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help expand the engineering team and build out architecture and processes as we scale. We are scaling and growing our Engineering Team, and this is one of many positions available. This role is fully remote.
- Build new features and extend behavior of existing functionality for the Subscriber Data Platform
- Partner with our product engineering teams to deliver APIs and unlock new product features
- Make technical decisions to get work done including weighting trade-offs of customer value, technical constraints, and business priorities
- Work closely with others, including engineers, designers, and product managers as part of a cross-functional product team, to deliver a beautiful, world-class product
- Take ownership and get creative with your solutions
- Experience writing software professionally as a back-end focused engineer
- Experience using Python (Flask and SQLAlchemy a plus)
- Experience building applications on cloud services (AWS preferred)
- Experience with relational databases, proficient in SQL, and experience with database modeling (PostgreSQL a plus)
- A proven ability to transform complex technical concepts into technical designs and are well versed in software design, architecture, implementation, deployment and support across our stack
- Holistic understanding of the software development lifecycle and uses this understanding to define best practices for their team and drive improvements in all aspects of the dev lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, translating complex technical requirements into easy to follow direction and documentation
What We’ll Love About You
- Experience working on a platform team with a data concentration
- Experience working with a broad range of services in AWS, including but not limited to Kinesis, Redshift, S3, SQS, and ECS.
- Comfortable working outside your strengths and knowing how to partner with others to get work done
- Experience designing and architecting data-intensive applications
- Excited to solve data problems at high scale
- Passion for creating easy to use APIs for your colleagues to interact with
- Passion for early stage companies and the opportunity to be responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing code base
What You’ll Love About Us
- Salary range of USD $143,000 to $167,000 base plus significant equity regardless of location
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We’re passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
For information about how we use your personal data, please see our U.S. Job Applicant Privacy Notice
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.