PackageX is the world’s first Headless Logistics Cloud. Hundreds of enterprises - across all industries - use PackageX’s flexible first-to-last yard logistics APIs and infrastructure to digitize manual workflows, connect siloed point solutions and drive customer retention.
Our vision is to build the most advanced logistics infrastructure company that orchestrates the movement of physical things and becomes the defining backbone of the digital supply chain.
We're a fast-growing seed-stage startup in New York City with a distributed global team backed by Sierra Ventures, Ludlow Ventures, MXV Capital, Pareto Holdings, and other strategic investors and angels.
What we are looking for
As a Python Developer, you would help us to create and improve our PackageX products and work on other client projects. You would need exceptional skills in programming and knowledge of data science, big data, and software engineering.
- Build scalable, efficient, and high-performance software around our data analytics platform to help us expand its reporting, analytics & machine learning capabilities.
- Be the focal point for feature engineering by identifying & developing new metrics & KPIs for product growth.
- Be the owner and creator of the analytical data lakes over our PackageX products.
- Build out frameworks and services for our Machine Learning services, systems, and dashboards.
- Interact with business users, and other development and testing teams.
- Follow best coding practices - Unit testing, design/code reviews, code coverage, and documentation.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Respond quickly to bug fixes and enhancement requests and be able to take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision.
- Work with and help implement data models/data schema’s for data scientists & data analysts to build visualizations & statistical/predictive models.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, with at least 2+ years of experience.
- Expertise in Python, Conda, SQL, Pandas, NumPy, Spark, Firebase & Big Query is a must.
- Extensive expertise in Django.
- Experience with Data Warehousing, ETL Pipelines, large complex data sets, and complex SQL queries/NoSQL platforms.
- Experience in designing Data Models (Data schema).
- Worked with Github, Microsoft SQL Server/MongoDB or another DBMS, AWS & GCP.
- Worked with CI/CD tools; Jenkins, etc.
- Some experience with big data technologies such as Kafka, Spark and others.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration.
- Expertise in Docker or other containerization software.
- Very strong analytical thinking & analyzing of data for uncovering hidden insights.
- Strong analytics & statistical concepts for building data models & driving products.
- Desire to bring new and innovative solutions to the table to resolve challenging software issues as they may develop throughout the product lifecycle.
- Sound knowledge of repeatable automated processes for building, testing, documenting, and deploying an application at scale.
- Been on at least one “death march” and know exactly why some things are to be avoided.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, taking the initiative to recommend and develop innovative solutions.
What can you expect from the application process?
All applications will be looked at by the People team who will reach out to shortlisted candidates. Across various interview rounds you'll speak with the hiring manager and other functional heads. We want to have an open discussion about your work and how we can be a great fit for each other. The process may also involve an assessment or presentation relevant to the role. You can expect an offer after three rounds of interviews. All offers are subject to satisfactory reference and background checks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.