PackageX is the world’s first Headless Logistics Cloud. Hundreds of enterprises - across all industries - use PackageX’s flexible first-to-last yard logistics APIs and infrastructure to digitize manual workflows, connect siloed point solutions and drive customer retention.
Our vision is to build the most advanced logistics infrastructure company that orchestrates the movement of physical things and becomes the defining backbone of the digital supply chain.
We're a fast-growing seed-stage startup in New York City with a distributed global team backed by Sierra Ventures, Ludlow Ventures, MXV Capital, Pareto Holdings, and other strategic investors and angels.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior NodeJS Developer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying high-performance, scalable, and secure web applications using NodeJS. The ideal candidate must have in-depth knowledge of NodeJS, as well as experience with AWS and/or GCP. Experience with cloud native development will be considered a bonus.
- Design and develop high-quality, scalable, and secure web applications using NodeJS
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (front-end, sales, support, platform) to define, design, and ship new features
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Ensure the performance, scalability, and security of the applications
- Identify and troubleshoot issues and bugs in a timely manner
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality
- Execute automated testing platforms and system tests
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in NodeJS and cloud computing
We are looking for someone who has
- At least 5 years of professional experience in NodeJS development.
- Hands-on expertise in REST, WebSocket, MongoDB/DynamoDB/Firebase, Redis, etc.
- Experience with either AWS or GCP
- Familiarity with cloud native development will be considered a bonus.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
The compensation range for this role is:
In addition to other forms of compensation like perks, benefits and stock options, the salary range for this position is $125,000 - $160,000 USD per year. The final offer will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location.
Other perks and benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan participation
- Monthly lifestyle allowance to help focus on your wellbeing
- Reimbursements for home office setup, cell/data plan, meal delivery pass
- Generous PTO including annual leaves, personal and sick days and birthday off
What can you expect from the application process?
All applications will be looked at by the People team who will reach out to shortlisted candidates. Across various interview rounds you'll speak with hiring manager, other functional heads and with our CEO. We want to have an open discussion about your work and how we can be a great fit for each other. The process may also involve an assessment or presentation relevant to the role. You can expect an offer after three rounds of interviews. All offers are subject to satisfactory reference and background checks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.