PackageX is revolutionizing the logistics industry with the world's first Headless Logistics Cloud. PackageX empowers retail and commercial enterprises to achieve unprecedented success by delivering unparalleled developer experiences, workflow improvements, customer loyalty, and profitability through its logistics APIs, apps, and other cloud components.
Our vision is to build the most advanced logistics infrastructure company that orchestrates the movement of physical things and becomes the defining backbone of the digital supply chain.
We're a fast-growing pre-Series A stage startup in New York City with a distributed global team backed by Bullpen Capital, Pritzker Group, Sierra Ventures, Ludlow Ventures, MXV Capital, and NSV Wolf Capital.
What we are looking for
You will collaborate closely with the development and quality assurance teams to ensure the quality and reliability of our APIs. This is an excellent opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the growth and success of our organization.
- Strong experience with REST APIs and API testing strategies.
- Develop Tests for APIs using the Playwright framework.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand API requirements, functionalities, and workflows.
- Create and execute comprehensive test plans and test cases to validate API functionality, performance, and security.
- Identify and document defects, issues, and risks in a clear and concise manner.
- Investigate and troubleshoot test failures, providing detailed analysis and recommendations for resolution.
- Collaborate with developers to define and implement testable API design patterns and best practices.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to API testing and automation.
- Contribute to continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes to ensure efficient and reliable software releases.
- Strong understanding of a balanced Test Pyramid with separation of the unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Mentor and guide junior team members in API testing and automation techniques.
- Knowledge of API security testing and authentication methods (e.g., OAuth, JWT).
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in API testing and automation using Playwright (NodeJS) or similar frameworks.
- Familiarity with various types of testing such as unit, integration, functional, system, regression, and performance testing.
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs, HTTP protocols, and related concepts.
- Experience with API testing tools, such as Postman, SoapUI, or similar.
- Familiarity with test automation frameworks like Mocha, Jasmine, or Jest.
- Knowledge of version control systems, such as Git, and CI/CD processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
What can you expect from the application process?
All applications will be looked at by the People team who will reach out to shortlisted candidates. Across various interview rounds you'll speak with the hiring manager and other functional heads. We want to have an open discussion about your work and how we can be a great fit for each other. The process may also involve an assessment or presentation relevant to the role. You can expect an offer after three rounds of interviews. All offers are subject to satisfactory reference and background checks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.