Senior Fullstack Engineer, SMS Sales Team
Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
** We are not open to working with external agencies on this role and are only considering candidates based in North America**
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer for the SMS Sales team at Postscript, you will bring your passion and identity as a founding engineer of our second product as we have been going 0 to 1 and quickly seek broad adoption. Your work will directly contribute to building a real-time application driving personalized, relationship-based selling conversations. You will be given the autonomy to grow to your full potential and your work will directly impact our customers and Postscript’s bottom line.
Senior Fullstack Engineers at Postscript have a high impact on their team and on the wider engineering org through project leadership, technical expertise, and decision-making. As a Senior engineer you will guide your team in weighing technical constraints and business priorities to make the necessary trade-offs to deliver customer value. Our stack is currently React, Python, within a mostly monolithic, AWS-managed architecture. SMS Sales is a rapidly growing, brand new product line. We iterate quickly within our space, constantly accelerating product marketing fit of new features. As a fullstack engineer you will be supporting a broad roadmap: leveraging AI to empower our agents to work more efficiently and effectively, building out UI to support a brand new agent workspace or the subscriber experience on our merchant’s websites, or iterating on backend functionality that best pairs potential customers with our excellent sales agents.
The SMS Sales Senior Full Stack Engineer will be expected to help lead the charge in addressing architectural tradeoffs as our platform goes multi-product. You’ll partner directly with product and design team leads to inform team strategy within a completely new space.
Your passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have a meaningful and positive impact on both the product and the company. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help expand the engineering team and build out architecture and processes as we scale. This position is fully remote.
- Research, design, and deploy new technical solutions for a variety of ground-breaking projects.
- Architect, build, and maintain REST APIs for external and internal customers
- Identify bottlenecks and points of scale and outline architectural tradeoffs as we balance finding product market fit with new features and driving broad platform adoption.
- Help architect and iterate on our burgeoning AI platform.
- Work closely with product and design, and mentor other engineers on your team to deliver a high quality, world-class product
- Take ownership and get creative with your solutions, dive into bold ideas in order to achieve outstanding results
- Contribute to the health of the team through honest and direct feedback as we iterate and improve on our SDLC processes and procedures
- Lead group sessions and participate in the product to engineering project lifecycle to actively ensure your team is guided by product-focused architecture and implementation to achieve our goals
- Guide your team to make optimal technical and product design decisions
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, standards, and learning opportunities
- Be accountable for communicating transparently and proactively, defining scope, breaking down and estimating tasks, risk and change management
- A track record of leading teams and projects through phases of ambiguity and challenge with great results
- Experience leading or founding teams with an overlap in our space and roadmap (e-commerce subscriber experiences, real time chat / CRM applications, or AI-driven classification and prediction engines).
- A proven career as a software engineer developing backend applications and APIs, hands-on expertise using Python (Flask and SQLAlchemy a plus). SaaS experience preferred, history of pragmatically adopting new architectures and languages to support teamwork and great engineering, product, and design outcomes.
- Familiarity with building applications on AWS services
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and experience with database modeling.
- Experience building modular, flexible architectures (avoiding vendor lock-in, maximizing readability and extensibility)
- Personal or professional experience leveraging LLMs and related technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in high growth, early stage tech preferred
- Experience coaching, mentoring and onboarding engineers
What we’ll love about you
- Experience building or directly contributing to a great product
- Experience working through scalability challenges with aplomb
- Fearless in your pursuit of excellent results
- Passion for early stage companies and the opportunity to be responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing code base
- Experience establishing best practices in development processes
- Great communicator and love helping others
- Empathy for users
- Strong attention to detail
- Remote work experience is a plus
What You’ll Love About Us
- Salary range of USD 170,000 to 200,000 base plus significant equity regardless of location
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Remote team - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We’re passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
For information about how we use your personal data, please see our U.S. Job Applicant Privacy Notice
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.