Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
The Business Intelligence team is a small but growing function that plays a critical role in helping Postscript scale. Our mission is to build trusted and insightful data assets that improve decision making at all levels of the company. To accomplish our goals, we need versatile builders! As an Analytics Engineer, you’ll consult with stakeholders, build our data pipelines, and enable self-service analytics. Also, as an early member of the team, you will have the opportunity to help lay the foundations for how we operate as a group. This is a high-impact role with lots of growth opportunities.
This is is a fully remote position.
- Partner closely with Finance, GTM, and Product to define metrics, identify data needs, and build useful data assets
- Develop automated and resilient data transformation pipelines using software engineering best practices (e.g., version control, testing, code reviews)
- Define processes for continuously monitoring data quality and build mechanisms to proactively resolve issues
- Maintain detailed documentation for our data models, metrics, and tools
- Lead the strategy and development of the BI platform (Looker)
- Build self-service tools (e.g., reports, dashboards, integrations) to democratize data and improve decision making across all levels of the organization
- Collaborate with Data Engineering and Product to ensure upstream data sources are delivered with the right frequency, grain, and information to support business objectives
What We’ll Love About You
- 5+ years of experience working in data, analytics, or business intelligence
- SQL expert with demonstrated skill in building complex analytical queries
- Experience building data assets in an engineering workflow (ideally using dbt)
- Experience building self-service tools in a BI platform like Looker or Tableau
- Clear written communicator that embraces documentation
- Detail-oriented with a focus on data quality and integrity
- Strong business acumen to understand data from many functional areas and anticipate stakeholder needs
- High growth/early stage experience strongly preferred
What You’ll Love About Us
- Salary range of USD $148,000-$169,000 base plus significant equity (we do not have geo based salaries)
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Work from home (or wherever)
- Fun - We’re passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.