Founding Software Engineer
About the role At ServiceBell, we take "being there for your customers" literally. We envision a future where virtual web attendants greet you on the web, much like they do in stores.We've just closed our Seed round and are hiring our founding team. We're looking for a senior full stack engineer to join our team of 3. You’ll be a co-owner in our product, and more-so, in our business.Some things we're looking for:
- Deep experience with the browser.
- Sometimes you read Chrome RFCs for fun.
- You’ve shipped 🚢products from scratch several times over.
- You’re comfortable working across the stack, but especially the frontend.
- You’ve been doing this for a while. 5+ years.
- You have strong opinions loosely held around most tech stack decisions.
- You appreciate good design (UI/UX) and are passionate about building products that people love to use.
- You're a great communicator, especially in a remote team and are happy to continuously challenge existing ideas.
- You're thoughtful about creating and maintaining a world-class engineering culture.
- Our tech stack:
- Frontend: React, Typescript, Redux Backend: Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy (Postgres) Hosting: AWS, CloudflareWhat the job involves: Build prototypes and features from start to finish: plan, build, test, deploy, iterate.
- Having an ownership mindset: being comfortable with both responsibility and accountability
- Working in a small high performing team with a lot of collaboration and getting feedback directly from our users
Why you should join ServiceBell You value low process, high impact, and having real ownership in a company as well as the product. You’re addicted to making the web magical.
We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.